You know those quotes you read or hear and they just hit you in the pit of your stomach.
In honor of this month’s Jordandené shirt, a quote that I love, I wanted to some how figure out my own top six quotes. These are from books, movies, and television just to name a few.
But back tracking, this month’s shirt is inspired by the song Stronger Than You in Stephen Universe and has quote that can resonate with so many people. If you use the code Quibbles25 you’ll get 25% off your order.
These are the quotes I could tattoo on myself some day. Well maybe not all, but they do affect me personally, just like your favorite quotes do to you. Let me just say this wasn’t easy. There’s too many sources to go back to, but I think this list is accurate because these are the quotes I instantly think of.
1.) “You fight it. You don’t give up. And then one day you just change.”
– Carol Peletier, The Walking Dead
2.) “The universe is big, it’s vast, and complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely impossible things just happen and we call them miracles.”
– 11th Doctor, Doctor Who
3.) “When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.”
– Avatar Aang, Legend of Korra
4.) “Who we are, and who we need to be to survive, are very different things.”
-Bellamy Blake, The 100
5.) “It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.”
– Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter
6.) “Be proud of your place in the cosmos. It is small, yet it is.”
– Welcome to Night Vale
– Prince Zuko, Avatar: the Last Airbender
- “Don’t rush your healing, don’t pretend to be okay when you’re not, and don’t apologize for being broken.” – The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue
- “Look inside yourself. You are more than what you have become.” – The Lion King
- “It was books that made me feel, that perhaps, I wasn’t completely alone.” – The Infernal Devices
- “We did not crumble. We did not back down. We stood eye-to-eye with violence and it blinked fist.” – Welcome to Night Vale