It’s beginning to look a lot like a blogging drought.
My Christmas posts have seriously been lacking this year, so this came at just the right time. I want to thank Keeping Up With Amanda, who tagged anyone to do this, and I’ll be doing the same, in case you’re in a blogging rut like myself.
I still have plenty to post about before the end of the year and hopefully can get to them all, but for now, here’s a Christmassy one.
- Link back to the original post (by femenish) when you have written yours and link back to the person who tagged you: Keeping Up With Amanda.
- Tag as many bloggers as you like.
- Answer the questions! If you want to you can make up your own questions to ask the bloggers you have tagged, or you can use these ones.
If you haven’t been tagged, you can participate in this anyway!
- What is your favorite thing about Christmas?
- Do you have any Christmas traditions you can’t forget about each year?
- Is there a song that just gets you into that Christmas spirit?
- What is your favorite Christmas movie?
- Which food is your must-have at Christmas time?
- If you had to choose between Michael Buble’s Christmas album and Justin Bieber’s Christmas album, which one would you choose and why?
- What is your favorite memory about Christmas?
- When do you start decorating your place for Christmas?
- Do you like giving or receiving gifts more?
- What does Christmas really mean to you?
- How old were you when you stopped believing in Santa?
- Do you like staying in your PJ’s or dressing up for Christmas?
- You have just been granted one Christmas wish! What is it?
Onto the answers.
1.) What is your favorite thing about Christmas?
The decorations and overall feeling. I like Christmas itself but like the countdown to Christmas even better because once you get there, it’s over, but waiting for it and doing everything to prepare is more fun (i.e. baking, wrapping gifts, etc.)
2.) Do you have any Christmas traditions you can’t forget about each year?
My family always eats cinnamon rolls Christmas morning. It’s not the biggest tradition but something we’ve been doing for a while.
3.) Is there a song that just gets you into that Christmas spirit?
My two favorite songs are probably “Santa Clause is Comin’ to Town,” the Bruce Springsteen version, and “Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree.”
4.) What is your favorite Christmas movie?
I actually did a Top 6 Christmas Movies last year, if you want to check it out (hehe) but my number one is Christmas Vacation.
5.) Which food is your must-have at Christmas time?
My grandma’s homemade noodles are one of my favorites.
6.) If you had to choose between Michael Buble’s Christmas album and Justin Bieber’s Christmas album, which one would you choose and why?
I’ve never been able to get into Justin Bieber’s music (and if you like it then that’s cool) so Michael Buble.
7.) What is your favorite memory about Christmas?
One year our family dog Cody got an ornament stuck in his tail…why that’s the one I thought if I don’t know. I guess I’d have to say opening presents and the dogs always being in the pictures. After Cody died we got Luna and both do the same thing.
8.) When do you start decorating your place for Christmas?
Usually, I’ll put my decorations up at the beginning of November, then my family is more in the middle/around Thanksgiving.
9.) Do you like giving or receiving gifts more?
I don’t want to sound “cliche” but I really do like giving. I like to see people’s reactions to what I got them.
10.) What does Christmas really mean to you?
Getting the day off work…I’m kidding. Everyone is in the festive spirit, which is nice when they’re not bitching about the price of wine (this goes back to my getting the day off work comment.)
In a serious answer, it’s nice seeing people be more caring/giving/nicer.
11.) How old were you when you stopped believing in Santa?
I feel like maybe nine? I was snooping on my sister and I’s gifts (my mom will not be shocked reading this) and saw them already wrapped and some “From Santa.” It wasn’t one of those “OMG NO” moments, so maybe I knew before that and just don’t remember.
12.) Do you like staying in your PJ’s or dressing up for Christmas?
I would rather much stay in something comfy all day, but my family comes over and usually by then I have to put on pants.
13.) You have just been granted one Christmas wish! What is it?
For every person’s debt to be paid off, no matter the amount. Then peace on Earth an all that jazz…oh wait no I came up with a serious one: no more trophy hunting/taking better care of the planet.
And just like Amanda, I tag anyone who wants to do this. If you’re like me and just don’t know what to post or feel worn out, then go for it.