Today’s my birthday so here’s a post no one asked for.
In honor of my birthday and 25 years on this planet, I decided to do this post because it was either this or 25 Things I Learned and to be honest that one wasn’t as interesting, so here you go.
- I used to sleepwalk when I was little. Apparently, I tried escaping the house and my parents would just tell me to go back to bed and I would. I only remember waking up once and found myself standing in the middle of the stairs.
- I also used to talk in my sleep and my sister and I would have conversations.
- When I sleep (I didn’t mean for all these sleep-related facts) I don’t usually snore or talk (anymore) but make a sighing noise that can be described like “MMMM…mmmm.”
- I can’t sleep well without my dog in the room.
- I have to drink water immediately after waking up.
- I tend to do my best writing in the middle of the night, half delirious but I can’t stay awake that long anymore to do said-best writing.
- I only ever stayed awake all night once at a friend’s sleepover when I was 12. My limit is usually 4 am.
- Bloody Mary used to freak me the hell out as a kid. My friends would do it at sleepovers or in the bathroom at school and I downright refused to be in the same room with them.
- I also refuse to stay over if someone brings out an Ouji Board. I almost left a sleepover just a few years ago because they talked about using it. Don’t mess with that shit.
- When I was 9 or 10 a boy in my class slapped me. Actually slapped me across the face because I was talking and annoying him. Needless to say, he got in trouble thanks to my friend telling on him.
- I haven’t dated since high school…partially because I spent many of those years dealing with my anxiety and depression and partially I don’t have any desire to.
- I used to sneak onto my parent’s computers and phones to talk to my first boyfriend. Hi Mom!
- The earliest I remember wanting to be a writer is eight.
- For some time I thought about going to school for marine biology or criminal justice.
- I’d love to work with animals for a living, but I can barely watch them get hurt.
- I have eczema and get dry patches on my face and hands.
- Because I have so much hair and it’s so thick, I can go a week before washing it.
- Two girls I played volleyball with made fun of my arm hair, so I trimmed it, and they made fun of me for that. It’s naturally dark so from the time I was 8/9 I was picked on for it so now I shave it when it gets too noticeable. Thank you childhood assholes.
- Same with any facial hair. I started doing my own eyebrows when I was 13.
- I’ve never been out of the country despite living 5 hours from Canada.
- When I was a baby, the song “Dream On” by Aerosmith calmed me down and helped me fall asleep.
- I played softball for ten years, basketball for five, and volleyball for four. I’ve also done tumbling, cheerleading, soccer, and was part of the Girl Scouts for a year.
- Before every softball game, I had to listen to “Another One Bites the Dust,” by Queen.
- When I was 14, I made Youtube videos. It was during a time at school when we read The Outsiders and I became a bit too obsessed with the movie and made compilations.
- I save spiders.
Honestly, I don’t feel like I’m 25. I know “age is just a number” but sometimes I legitimately think I’m 21 or 22. I feel like I’m actually 3 or 4 years behind my age.
Maybe I’ll make a bucket-list…list of things I want to do within the next five years, so look out for that.