A recap of my favorite books, movies, and life from September.
- Finally went to the drive-in for the first time in seven years to see It: Chapter 2. It was a lot of fun, but unfortunately, our portable radio wasn’t working so I had to sit in the car.
- I got a new laptop. I had a Mac for years but needed an upgrade and moved back to a PC. I’ll use my old one just for gaming since it still works pretty well.
- Work sucked for the first few weeks as we were the most shorthanded we’ve ever been. Luckily, with new people hired, things are getting back to normal and with summer over, we’re moving into a slower season until Thanksgiving (which I am totally happy about.)
- For most of the month, my lower back has been screwing up all my plans. My chiropractor told me it’s the muscle and I ice, heat, and stretch it constantly and some days it feels alright, some days it sucks. And it usually only hurts when I sit.
- I went meatless 5 days in a row and only ate seafood another 2 (overall, gone meatless more than any other month)
- finally spoke up at work about my schedule
- kept a consistent blogging schedule
- read 3 books
1.) The Lune Innate
Lune Innate is a Youtuber who does ASMR/Reiki videos and she has helped me fall asleep. Not only does her voice instantly make me want to fall asleep, but her Reiki sessions still help while sleeping.
2.) Degrassi Rewatch
I didn’t mean to do this but it popped up on my suggested Youtube videos one day and here I am, rewatching a show I binged when I was sixteen. Granted, it has been almost ten years and I’m pretty sure I’m doing it to delay working on anything else, but it is nice to watch a show that actually talked about serious topics for teens.
3.) Fall Flowers/Decorations
One of my favorite fall “decorations” are the flowers. Along with them coming into the season, it’s one my favorite times at work because all the pumpkins and decorations are put out, as well as pumpkin-flavored everything.
October 2019 Goals
- continue to post two times a week
- start and continue Morning Meltdown 100 on Beachbody
- finish editing my book
- meditate before bed
- journal every night
- eat better (I really fell off the track with this)
I have a better feeling about October. I have a big craft show to look forward to, Britt @AlternativelySpeaking’s Secret Ghoul to shop for, and a bunch of shows returning. I’m starting a new workout program and with more people getting hired at work, hopefully, I’ll get the hours I want and can get back on track and finish my book.
Good luck with everyone’s goals as well x