A recap of my favorite books, tv, movies, and life from January.
x I started off with a cold right after getting the stomach flu so I “officially” started my year on the sixth.
x My dog got sick, again. In August I talked about her getting a parasite from eating rabbit poo, and we didn’t want to take a chance after that. We took her to the vet and they believed she just ate something bad and now has to take a probiotic powder with her food.
x I finally went to the doctor about my lower back and found out I have a strained muscle. I took some muscle relaxers and ice/heat it a lot. As I’m writing this, my back does feel better, but now I have to get back into strengthening it.
x One of my posts was about the cats hanging around my house and as a little update: they still are. I found out my neighbor is also feeding them so I don’t worry as much about them getting enough food. I think the black one trusts me more because it doesn’t hide when I come around. The orange one still doesn’t shut up.
The New Mutants Trailer
I love the X-Men and always wanted to be a mutant but personally, was getting tired of the same characters and movies so when this trailer came out I got super excited and to find out there’s going to be an f/f romantic relationship makes it even better.
Locke & Key Trailer (Netflix)
It’s because of the trailer (and a few Youtube comments recommending the graphic novels) that I wanted to read them. I’m excited to watch the show and see how different/the same they are.
AJ & the Queen (Netflix)
I haven’t finished the show yet but after four episodes I am really enjoying it. It follows a drag queen played by RuPaul going on tour when a child named AJ stows away in his RV in the hopes of being taken to Texas. It’s funny and if you’re a fan of Drag Race, there are plenty of cameos like Bianca, Katya, and Vanjie.
- Meet The Cats Living In My Garage
- Book Quibbles: “Embrace Your Weird” by Felicia Day – Review
- Game Review: Hollow Knight
- Women in Fiction: Karolina Dean
- Book Quibbles: Locke & Key Vol. 1-3 – Review
- The Sims 4: Tiny Living Stuff Pack – Review
- Why I Dropped Out of College
- read 4 books in total (one book + 3 graphic novels)
- spent less and saved more each week
- posted twice a week
- actually worked out 3-4x a week before finding out about my strain
- went to the doctor about my back (considering I held it off for so long, it’s an accomplishment)
- my blog received 400+ more views than January 2019 and beat last month
- go one week without eating meat
- ease back into exercising, nothing too intense on my lower back, and gradually do harder workouts
- continue to post 2x a week
- find beta readers for my book (if you’re interested, let me know)
- read, at least, two books
Good luck to everyone and their goals, and if you don’t have any, have a good month.