A recap of my favorite books, tv, movies, and life from January.
x I started off with a cold right after getting the stomach flu so I “officially” started my year on the sixth.
x My dog got sick, again. In August I talked about her getting a parasite from eating rabbit poo, and we didn’t want to take a chance after that. We took her to the vet and they believed she just ate something bad and now has to take a probiotic powder with her food.
x I finally went to the doctor about my lower back and found out I have a strained muscle. I took some muscle relaxers and ice/heat it a lot. As I’m writing this, my back does feel better, but now I have to get back into strengthening it.
x One of my posts was about the cats hanging around my house and as a little update: they still are. I found out my neighbor is also feeding them so I don’t worry as much about them getting enough food. I think the black one trusts me more because it doesn’t hide when I come around. The orange one still doesn’t shut up.
The New Mutants Trailer
I love the X-Men and always wanted to be a mutant but personally, was getting tired of the same characters and movies so when this trailer came out I got super excited and to find out there’s going to be an f/f romantic relationship makes it even better.
Locke & Key Trailer (Netflix)
It’s because of the trailer (and a few Youtube comments recommending the graphic novels) that I wanted to read them. I’m excited to watch the show and see how different/the same they are.
AJ & the Queen (Netflix)
I haven’t finished the show yet but after four episodes I am really enjoying it. It follows a drag queen played by RuPaul going on tour when a child named AJ stows away in his RV in the hopes of being taken to Texas. It’s funny and if you’re a fan of Drag Race, there are plenty of cameos like Bianca, Katya, and Vanjie.
- Meet The Cats Living In My Garage
- Book Quibbles: “Embrace Your Weird” by Felicia Day – Review
- Game Review: Hollow Knight
- Women in Fiction: Karolina Dean
- Book Quibbles: Locke & Key Vol. 1-3 – Review
- The Sims 4: Tiny Living Stuff Pack – Review
- Why I Dropped Out of College
- read 4 books in total (one book + 3 graphic novels)
- spent less and saved more each week
- posted twice a week
- actually worked out 3-4x a week before finding out about my strain
- went to the doctor about my back (considering I held it off for so long, it’s an accomplishment)
- my blog received 400+ more views than January 2019 and beat last month
- go one week without eating meat
- ease back into exercising, nothing too intense on my lower back, and gradually do harder workouts
- continue to post 2x a week
- find beta readers for my book (if you’re interested, let me know)
- read, at least, two books
Good luck to everyone and their goals, and if you don’t have any, have a good month.
4 thoughts on “January 2020 Roundup”
I’m sorry that your poor dog has been going through so much! I hope she feels better! Sounds like you’ve had a good January other than that 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you! She is doing much better and hopefully stays that way for a long time 🙂
Hi Meagan! I’m so sorry you started the month out sick! And doubly sick, at that. Boo. I’m glad your dog is doing better though! (And that you are too, of course!) I’m so glad the cats are doing okay! And they must be living the life if the neighbors are feeding them too! I’m sorry about your back but I’m glad you went to the doctor to get it checked out. You’re adulting hard by doing that! 😉
And your January accomplishments are awesome! Congrats on getting more views!! You deserve it! I’m not sure if I have any goals myself this month, except for making sure I keep blogging and trying to make more Pinterest pins. I do not have an eye for design so it’s so hard for me!!
This was so much fun to read! More updates, please! 🙂 And I hope your February is even better than your January!
Emily | http://www.thatweirdgirllife.com
LikeLiked by 1 person