A recap of my favorite books, TV, movies, and life from March.
Header Credit: chi liu on Unsplash
- Like everyone, a lot of my plans got pushed aside because of the coronavirus (not that I had many plans, to begin with…) but when it came to my goals, it does suck not much has progressed. I work in a grocery store (granted, I make food, and as of now our hot case is shut down) but I was a part of all that chaos involving the panic-buying, which still happens.
- If I come out of this with the skin still on my hands, I’ll be surprised…A LOT of handwashing.
- Needless to say: when I get home, I’m exhausted and fall asleep a few times.
- I also found out I still have bronchitis because it can last for 6 weeks, which I wasn’t aware of and actually went back to the doctor. Thankfully, she said it’s much better and some other issues I’m having are allergies/sinuses.
- In other work-related news: a cat got into the store through our garbage disposal. We spent an entire night searching for it. Luckily, they found it the next day and a co-worker actually took it home. So at least this story has a happy ending.
- I wasn’t that motivated to do much, but with spring starting and the warmer weather, I feel it coming back.
- Cat update: I got super worried because it appeared like the black cat (who I renamed Storm) is…pregnant, my worst fear. My sister and I noticed their stomach hanging more than usual (could just be chubby,) but as I’m finishing this, I haven’t noticed any changes. I actually went for a walk in our woods, just in case, but didn’t find anything. The orange cat also started hanging around more towards the end of the month. I didn’t know if that had anything to do with Storm…but my mom saw the orange one crossing the road one morning which only made my anxiety worse.
- My blog got 2,000+ views this month. I wasn’t expecting to double last month’s but it happened.
- I got back on a regular posting schedule.
- I read two books.
- I made bread for the first time! It came out a little dense but edible.
- I took the time to rest and get over bronchitis and I’m feeling motivated to get back on track with my goals.
If you follow me on Instagram or Twitter, you’ll know I tried out Momentary Ink, which creates fake tattoos to “test-drive” your first or next design. I LOVE this idea. For the first time, I was hesitant about the design I wanted. So I ordered one that’s pretty similar to my original idea and knew it’s what I wanted.
What sucks is now that I know what I want…I have no idea when I’ll be able to get it.
The Aquarium (Season 2)
The Aquarium follows the largest aquarium on the western hemisphere in Atlanta, Georgia. The show is in its second season and I’ve watched it since the start. It’s great to see people taking such good care of the different species while also bringing more to light that some people might not be interested in or never heard of. It also shows them using what they learn in the aquarium and taking it out into the wild and vice versa.
Animal Planet shows marathons if you need something to watch while sitting at home.
It’s finally my time of year…well give it a month THEN it will be my time of year. It’s so nice leaving work at 7 and it’s still sunny out.
- “Black Friday” – StarKid Musical Review
- Unboxing: Unicorn Crate “Heart of a Dragon”
- Book Quibbles: “The Witcher Omnibus” Volume 1- Review
- The Real Neat Blog Award
- Book Quibbles: “The Dark Tide” – Review
Again, with the damn virus, I know things can change quickly, so I’m not going to pressure myself TOO much, especially if it was a shit workday.
- workout 3-5x a week
- post 1-2x a week
- read, at least, two books
- write every day
- go meatless/pescatarian 3x a week
- meditate 2x a week
I hope everyone is staying home (if that’s something you can do) and taking care of themselves. Good luck with any goals you have and if you don’t have any, just have a good month anyway.
One thought on “March 2020 Recap”
Oh March…what craziness is has brought! I’m happy you’re still healthy (despite the bronchitis, booo) and safe at work. And I totally get what you mean about not having any skin left on my hands… I had to order some lotion from Bath and Body Works because I ran out and my hands were SO dry from all of the hand washing and hand sanitizer! I’m hoping the spring weather will motivate me and I love that idea of testing out ink before you get tattooed. Such a smart idea, especially for placement/size! And congratulations on the blog views!! I got more views than normal too, and I can only imagine that people were so bored they clicked on my blog, lol. Your blog is much more entertaining than mine, haha. I hope April is better for all of us and I can’t wait to see your April recap next month! Stay safe and healthy! ❤
Emily | http://www.thatweirdgirllife.com