A recap of my blog and life from September 2020.
- It hasn’t been the best month at work. A girl I work with had to get a Covid test done at the start of the month, so that meant we were also waiting to hear the results. Three days later, she’s negative, but with constant call offs, people getting sick, others walking out, it’s been super stressful. I’ve been stuck working shitty shifts with little free time, especially on the weekend. Another reason why I haven’t posted.
- Labor Day also wasn’t fun. That was the start of the call offs at work, but even at home. My dad unplugged a mini fridge we use during the holidays and forgot to plug it back in, so we lost food. I also attempted a cake and it turned out awful. Then I got home on Labor Day to find a kitten stuck in my mom’s car and we spent hours trying to get it out. Which leads me to my next point…
- The kittens are back. In my last monthly recap I mentioned the black cat living in my garage moved her kittens. Well, surprise! I don’t know if they’re constantly moving because we don’t see them all the time, but sometimes we can spot them running around our driveway.
- PitMad happened. Now for some good news. I wasn’t planning on participating in PitMad in the beginning of the month but got a spark of inspiration. And a publishing company liked my tweet! This is the first time I’ve sent a query letter in a year so I was a little nervous but did it any way. I haven’t heard back yet but am really hoping a full manuscript request is next.
- I hate the WordPress update. I cannot stand the editor change. I don’t get the stupid block system and why do you have to pull up all the editing options from a side panel? Every time I pull up the classic editor but even that’s annoying because as I’m writing this, it’s just hovering above the stuff I wrote. Why couldn’t they have an option to keep it the old way or use the new one, like they did before this became mandatory. I’ll be honest, I lost a lot of writing motivation because I knew I’d have to deal with it. And I swear there are bugs because I have issues uploading pictures and even while writing, the letters lag.
- The 100 pissed me off. I used to be a huge fan of The 100 but the last few seasons disappointed me and I haven’t watched any of current one, which is also the last, and they killed off a major character and oh boy, I realized I wasted years shipping two characters only for one to kill the other off in the worst way.
- September was long. Some weeks felt fast, others dragged, but I’m excited for October.
- I made it through a shitty month of work
- Continuing to workout and get stronger
- Sent my first query letter in a year to a publishing company
- I got my blogging motivation back
The Mandalorian Season 2 Trailer
The Mandalorian has become one of my favorite shows. I wasn’t expecting it back so soon either. My hope is they don’t release any more trailers.
However, I am excited to see how close Baby Yoda and Mando have gotten and to see them learn more about Jedi and the Force. There’s a bunch of new characters including Ahsoka Tano whom I assume is going to help Baby Yoda with his Force abilities.
Halloween/Fall Baking Shows
One of my favorite parts of this time of year is all the Halloween baking shows. You have the ones who go all out when it comes to sculpting and pumpkins and others smaller more focused on the actual food.
I literally never heard of Dune before this trailer but it interested me enough to start reading the book so here’s hoping I get a review written for it before it comes out. That version of Pink Floyd’s “Eclipse” for the trailer is so good though. It’s such good writing music.
- Continue working out consistently
- Completely finish the new manuscript for my book
- Post 1-2x a week
- More pescatarian/vegetarian days
- Read, at least, two books
- Meditate before bed more often
I am looking forward to October. A lot of shows are coming out I’m excited for like The Haunting of Bly Manor and The Mandalorian Season 2.
I’m also on vacation this month! It’s my last vacation of the year but I actually have plans. They’re nothing big but getting out of the house for a little bit.
I hope everyone has a good October x