A recap of my blog and life from April 2021.
- I’m still getting back into a consistent blogging routine but this is the most I’ve posted in months so I’m happy with that
- I signed up for Amazon Affiliates so links will show up on future blog posts
- Monthly Recap: March 2021
- I Watched The “Monsterverse” Movies
- Book Quibbles: The Young Avengers Vol. 1 – Review
- Book Quibbles: Sweet and Bitter Magic – Review
- I signed up for an online writing class: Specifically, for self-publishing. It’s been really helpful and because of it, I decided to change the name of my book. I’ve never been a fan of the original title but I’m super happy with what I came up with
- I’m fully vaccinated: I got my second shot at the beginning of the month. The only side effect I got was being pretty tired for about a day, but my arm wasn’t as sore this time around.
Falcon and the Winter Soldier
Even though I already posted a review for the first episode, I just wanted to say what a surprise it turned out to be. I wasn’t sure if I would like it as much as WandaVision but I did. I liked watching Sam and Bucky’s relationship evolve and Sam become Captain America. I loved meeting Isaiah Bradley and, of course, dancing Zemo.
The biggest surprise was how emotional I got. Sebastian Stan made me cry more than a few times.
I was excited to watch this after seeing the trailer and the voice cast. It was quite a shock as the first episode started out pretty mellow: A kid gaining super powers as we’re introduced to the world, but the ending of that episode is…a lot and kicked up speed for the rest of the season. It is pretty graphic so be aware of that.
Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings Trailer
I knew nothing about Shang-Chi before this trailer and spent a couple of hours watching videos and learning more about this character. It looks so different to past Marvel movies and it took me a couple of seconds to become a fan of the actor, Simu Liu, after he tweeted about the trailer.
I’m excited to see a different side of this universe.
- post 1-2x a week
- finish my online class
- get back to working on my book now that I have some new motivation after changing the title
- workout 4-5x a week
- buckle down on eating better because why do I make this so hard for myself I’m going on vacation in June
- have one sale through Amazon Associates
I hope everyone has a good May! x