Today I turn 27 and…cue an existential life crisis.
For the last few years I’ve written posts for my birthday. On my 25th birthday, I wrote down twenty-five facts about myself. I’ve thought about writing a bucket-list-type post for a while and this seemed like a good time. However, I do know most of these may not be reachable in three years (thanks to a certain pandemic) so I am going to give myself some leeway here.
But ideally, I would like to do a lot of them.
- Travel out of the country
- Publish my first book
- Write full time
- Move to Pittsburgh
- Pay off my student loans and most credit card debt
- Learn another language to the point I can communicate easily
- Get a new car
- Learn boxing/martial arts
- Adopt a dog
- Go to a spa
- See a Broadway musical in NYC
- Visit Niagara Falls
- Travel across the country
- Visit the Big Cat Rescue in Florida
- Get a new tattoo every year
- Pierce my nose (again)
- Be (mostly) pescatarian/vegetarian
- Take art classes
- Accept my body where it is at any time
Donate my hair
- Talk to a therapist
- Travel through New England
- Eat a lobster roll in Maine
- Get a new laptop
- Get a sponsored post
- Do a split
- Get all the feral cats living in my garage fixed
#20 is crossed off because I’m getting it done literally on the day I post this. I’ve grown my hair out for over a year and decided last fall to keep going and donate it.
There are some things on this list I planned on doing last year, like going to Niagara Falls, but well, you know what happened. However, I’m glad I held off on some things because something even better happened (i.e. I have an even better tattoo than the one I wanted last year.)
In my 25 Facts About Me post, I said I don’t feel my age, and that’s still true. I honestly think I’m 22/23.