A recap of my blog and life from January 2022.
I didn’t made a post about my year-long goals, like I usually do, for a few reasons. One, I always talk about them and accomplish next to none of them. And two, I’m focusing more on monthly goals, which has really helped me get stuff done and stay committed to my year-long goals, which I only wrote down in my planner.
Header Credit: Unsplash
*There are links used within this post. None of them are sponsored or affiliated. Just things that I like.*
- I made a goal at the beginning of the month to post four times. It didn’t matter what day of the week or how many in a week, just four times.
- It hasn’t always been easy. I definitely got writer’s block a few times, but it was nice not forcing myself to stay on a schedule. I’m hoping by doing this I can eventually post more often and not burn myself out like I do every year at some point.
- After not posting much during the last few months of last year, I’m trying to get back to keeping up with other blogs and promoting my posts more.
- I’m also trying not to get discouraged because my views aren’t that great at the moment. Compared to this time last year, my blog views are down by more than 3,000 views. So, I’m trying to just write what I want to and know they’ll get there.
- Book Quibbles: Cosmoknights: Book One – Review
- Thoughts On: The Sims 4 Kits
- Mini Reviews: Books I Read in January 2022
- And this one
- I got my Covid booster shot: The only reaction I had was swollen lymph nodes and a sore arm. It’s a side effect and it was good to know before I had a panic attack when I saw my armpit was swollen.
- Work is good: The first few weeks were stressful once I started working at home, and some days still are, but now I got a hang of things and it’s not bad.
- I’m back in a routine: Each day can be different, but generally I know when I’ll be done and what I want to do, such as exercising, reading, writing, cleaning, all that stuff.
- I’m working on myself: I’m on a workout schedule, eating better, and really focusing on my skin and hair routine. I’m still figuring out what works best for my hair but I’m getting there.
- I have insurance: I lost it when I left my job (thank you US) but now I’m getting it through the state, which is based on income, and I got to choose the plan I wanted so I only pay $28 a month.
- It’s January: It’s cold, snowing, I miss summer, but as far as seasonal depression goes, I’m doing good. Not much is going on, I’m not really going anywhere, so I’m just trying to focus on myself.
Moon Knight Trailer
I never heard of Moon Knight until it was announced Oscar Isaac was playing him and this trailer got me so hyped. I haven’t been this hyped for a show in a while and I feel like it could be up there with WandaVision as one of my favorites (we’ll see.)
And if you know how I feel about that show, you’ll know how excited I am that Marvel is getting more into the supernatural/horror part of the Universe.
I actually watched Encanto on Christmas and to be honest, I wasn’t too excited after reading some reviews, but I ended up enjoying it a lot more than I expected.
I like the family dynamic and how things aren’t as they seem with the characters.
Of course, there are the songs. I swear I get them stuck in my head all the time, even if I don’t listen to them. They’ll just pop in there at random times. I also love how colorful it is and the animation and choreography of the dance numbers is done so well.
Planners, To-Do Lists, & Habit Trackers
I have so many things I’m using right now.
First is a planner *by Erin Condren, a *daily to-do tracker by bloom daily planners, a monthly habit tracker *I got on Etsy, a reading journal, a checkbook and a separate book to track my monthly automatic payments, and a journal where I’m making one entry a day, no matter how long or small.
My family thought it was weird but it’s been working for me.
January 2022 Accomplishments
- Read five books
- Not spending as much and keeping track of monthly payments
- Worked out: 22/31 days (15 was my goal)
- Pescatarian/vegetarian: 10/31 days (that actually was my goal.)
- Taking better care of my skin and hair
- Got 8,000-10,000 steps in 95% of the days
- Working on my book a lot more
- I’m eating better and keeping track of it
- Posted four times
February 2022 Goals
- Workout: 20/28 days
- Read a chapter of a book each day (or make it up the next day by reading two)
- Meditate: 10/28 days
- Post: 4 times
- Pescatarian/vegetarian: 12/28 days
- Keep up what I’ve been doing
- Get 8,000-10,000 steps in each day