A recap of my blog and life from February 2022.
Before I start:
A website with a list of places to donate to help Ukraine.
- My goal of four posts per month didn’t happen this time.
- I’ll get more into that in the personal part, but I realize it’s not a big deal and I did what I could given the circumstances.
- My stats also took a drop, which isn’t that much of a surprise, but I hope to get back on track next month.
- Book Quibbles: Something is Killing the Children Volume 1 – Review
- Book Quibbles: Cinderella is Dead – Review
- A Trip to the Pittsburgh Botanical Gardens
- I got my 8th tattoo: I planned on writing a post about it but in the end, never finished it. I didn’t know what I was getting going in since it’s called a “Get What You Get” tattoo out of a gumball machine. It took me three tries to get something I was fine with being on my body and it ended up being a clam. It definitely fits me and I’m happy with it.
- My anxiety has been awful: With what’s going on in the world, my anxiety has been the worst in years. I’ve been on verge of panic attacks. But I feel like once I said it out loud, I felt better. Not in all aspects, but I realized I need to get off Twitter. Playing the Sims has helped.
- Seasonal depression hit a little: I like how I said last month that I haven’t felt the effects of seasonal depression but it definitely happened this month. Granted, it’s nowhere near where it usually is. I just had a few off days here and there. The weather was all over the place and I’m just ready for spring. However, the days getting longer is helping.
- I’m not buying the new Sims 4 Game Pack: Well, as of the time I’m posting this. I usually buy every pack (with the exception of Kits) and was so excited for Wedding Stories, but after seeing the bugs, I decided to wait until they get it figured out. What’s even more sad is how modders have found ways to fix said bugs but not the actual developers. Maybe you’ll see a post for it in the future.
- I’m not sure where my book is going: I was really getting into editing and planning new things out but now I’m just stuck again. I haven’t felt motivated to work on it but maybe that’s just because of everything going on, so I’m not going to force myself to work on it this month. If I feel like it, I will. Or maybe I’ll want to start a new project. We’ll see.
Not getting into the conflict of where the games took place, I’ve always been someone who watches the Olympics, more so to support the athletes of all countries. I grew up wanting to play softball in the Olympics (and then they got rid of them for many years so that dream died) and appreciate watching sports you don’t always get to see throughout the year.
Next, the Paralympics.
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness Trailer
I’ve been looking forward to this since WandaVision. I literally gasped out loud when I heard Patrick Stewart. I’ve been looking forward for mutants to come into the MCU since they were acquired by Fox. It’s only been a matter of waiting for when it would happen.
Along with Moon Knight and Kenobi, I’m so excited for the next few months.
- Exercised: 18/28 days
- Posted: 3 times
- Vegetarian/Pescatarian: 13/28 days
- Meditated: 5/28 days (yeah, you’d think this would’ve helped my anxiety)
- Books Finished: 2
- Saved a lot more money and spending less
- I made the most at my job so far and was really excited about it
- I finally got out of the house after almost three months and did something
March Goals and Where I Want to Improve
- Eat better: With Valentine’s Day I had too much candy. Then toward the end of the month it was the same by taking a trip to Pittsburgh. I didn’t do as well as January but I’m ready to get back to eating better.
- Track what I eat every day
- Exercise: 21/31 days
- Vegetarian/Pescatarian: 12/31 days
- Books Read: 2
- Continue saving money
- Continue with other habits such as skin and healthcare
- Post: 4 times
- Get into flossing my teeth (I was really keeping up with it a while ago, but then I ran out of floss, but I finally remembered to get more.)
- Take care of my mental health more by (maybe) mediating or playing the Sims when I just need to stop worrying about things.
What To Look Forward To
- Moon Knight
- Another trip to Pittsburgh
- And possibly another trip to the Botanical Gardens
- A haircut…if I remember to call and schedule it
- Spring and Daylight Savings
- Hopefully the start of taking my dog on walks
- Warmer weather (hopefully)