Someone’s back from a blogging break.
I wasn’t sure how to “announce” that I’m blogging again. I know some people just get right back into it but for some reason, I feel a need to explain things for those who care. Or for my future self who reads this and wonders why I took a break.
Header Credit: Maria Oswalt on Unsplash
Basically, I haven’t felt like posting anything. Every time I went to write something, I hated it. But for the most part, I didn’t want to. I’ve barely been on WordPress in general.
I actually thought maybe it was time to just call it quits. I’ve known so many bloggers over the years that just stopped and I thought maybe it was my time.
Obviously, that didn’t happen. I still want to post stuff. I’ve even been talking to a counselor who is helping me kind of figure out why I feel this way not just with my blog but writing in general. Why I get a sick feeling in my stomach every time I open the book I’ve been working on for 5+ years.
So, talking to her has helped a lot even in just a short time.
I can’t say I’m going to have a set schedule right now. At the beginning of the year, I made it my goal to post four times a month any time I felt like it.
Right now, I’ll just see what happens.
Some of my recent posts in the meantime:
- TV Quibbles: Heartstopper Season 1 – Review
- Book Quibbles: Shady Hollow: A Murder Mystery – Review
- The Sims 4: Décor to the Max – Review
As some of you know, I quit the job I had for over seven years and now I work from home. And even though it took me a couple of months to get adjusted, I’m now in a routine that works and I’m doing a lot better mentally and physically than I was when I was there.
So, I thought I’d post some of my accomplishments from this year, even small ones because that’s what my counselor would want.
- I got another tattoo
- I’ve lost some weight and am in much better shape overall
- I crocheted an Eddie Munson and Baby Yoda/Grogu doll. Eddie was one of the hardest things I’ve ever crocheted but my sister found the pattern and so I gave it a try
- I’m just crocheting more in general
- I’m also painting/sketching again
- I’ve got a good handle on my anxiety and depression
- I restarted my Animal Crossing island for a third time
- I’ve been able to go out and do more things, especially on the weekends
- I’m taking better care of my skin and hair
- I’m talking to a counselor again
- I’m composting and I was so happy to see it actually working
- Also, more plants to take care of
You don’t really realize how many of these things that you’re not doing, or not doing properly, when you’re mentally and physically tired all of the time.
And to finish this off, I want to post some of the things I want to start/accomplish the rest of the year.
- I want to start doing something that helps me mentally like trying to learn sign language/Spanish again or even reading more because I just got back into reading after not for like three months
- Sign up and finish a virtual 5k
- Get back into tracking what I eat
- Really watch what I’m buying and mark down what I buy
- I’m really close to earning my first paycheck through WordPress. I don’t get paid until I make $100 and I’m literally like $5 away
And what I have to look forward to.
- I’m going to my first Renaissance Fair
- My first Elton John concert
- Taking a small trip to Lake Erie
- All of the craft festivals
- Seeing Black Panther 2 at a year-round drive-in in Pittsburgh
- So many new shows
So, I have a lot to look forward to and a lot to post about. And I hope I can finish the year off strong.
3 thoughts on “2022 Mid-Year Update”
Glad you’re back! You have been missed. Also I love your crochet dolls ❤
Thank you so much! I really appreciate it.
And thank you about the dolls. I’ve never even crocheted anything like them before. I’ve always done scarves or gloves but I’m finding it to be pretty fun 🙂